Friday, October 30, 2009

Walmart=Only hires people who barely passed High School...

So the other day, let's say it's a Monday, I was at Walmart needing to get my tire fixed before I came home and visited my family. So I park my car in the back and go in the door by the tire place and walk up to the counter. This guy walks up and asks if he can help me and I tell him that I need a patch in my tire and then all of them rotated. He looks at me and goes "I can't help you with that. You'll have to wait out in the garage for that lady to come back in and then she'll help you". Of course I'm a little irritated because honestly how hard could it be for him to write that down and then tell the mechanic? But apparently that is this girl's sole job. So I politely go outside to wait and it takes about half an hour for her to finally come in. Meanwhile this lady with her little boy has been standing behind me and waiting. Then this grandma comes in with her husband and they decide to stand in front of me. So I know they're trying to butt and I'm getting even more irritated. So when she does finally get there she looks at all of us and goes who was first? So I start to say something at the same time this grandma starts too, while her husband beats us both to it and points at me. Of course this grandma looks all kinds of pissed off so I point at the lady behind and say "she's next" just so she can't try to butt in front of her too. So I walk up to her...


Walmart Lady: What can I do for you?


Me:I need my back passenger tire patched and then all of them rotated. Here are the keys and it's the silver grand am. The only one with Illinois plates.


Walmart Lady: Let me go take a look at it.


8 minutes later...


Walmart Lady: Do you know what's wrong with the tire?


Me: It has a hole in it? (The tire is noticebly low. Like I wasn't going to drive my car again til I got it fixed low.)


Walmart Lady: Where's the hole at?


Me: Um? In the rubber part? (Honestly, do I look like someone who knows anything about cars? Isn't that her job? I'm pretty sure the heels, dangly earrings and fake nails should have clued her in that I know less than nothing about cars!)


Walmart Lady:Okay. I'll be right back.


10 minutes later....


Walmart Lady: Well the hole must be sitting on the concrete. Because I can't see it.


Me: Um. Okay?


Walmart Lady: I'm going to take another look.



Now by this point I'm really pissed off. Because seriously WTF???? She couldn't have gone out there once and been done??? Isn't that what she gets paid for anyways, to figure out what's wrong?? I mean the only reason I'm here is because this is what my dad told me to do. Not to play 20 questions with car lady.



8 minutes later...




Walmart Lady: Okay, you want them rotated as well, right?



Me:Yes.



Walmart Lady: How do you want those rotated?



Me: Ummmm....I don't know....is there more than one way?


Walmart Lady: *Huge Sigh* Yes.



Honestly?!?!?! You can get your tires rotated different ways?!?!? I had no idea. But of course this lady expects me to know this and proceeds to shove her little digital thingy in my face. Which of course has three pictures of tires with arrows going all different directions. I was more lost than I was before. I seriously debated doing ennie meenie minie moe. But of course this grandma behind me is even way more irritated then I am at this lady. And she's beginning to look violent...


Me: Um...the top one.


Walmart Lady: Front to back?


Me: Sure.


Walmart Lady: Okay. I'll be right back.


Me: Seriously?


Walmart Lady: (Completely missing my sarcasm) Yes.



WTF?!?!?!?!?! Another effing trip out to my car! You have got to be sh*tting me. My car isn't even clean, it's not brand new. There is nothing to look at. She'd already been out there 4 times!!! Mind you, I'm standing out in the garage where she keeps opening the door and leaving it open and it happens to be barely above freezing. So it's not like she's even enjoying sun or warm weather when she's out there doing god knows what.


10 minutes later...


Walmart Lady: They'll let you know if they can't patch your tire as soon as they get it in. They'll page you when it's done.


Me: Okay.


Walmart Lady: Your estimate is 20 dollars.


Me: Thanks.


Walmart Lady: Can I have your keys?


Me: I gave them to you first thing.


Walmart Lady: *Frantically searching in her pockets, to reveal that they are located in her coat*Ohhh.


So I walk quickly away from this exceptionally bright girl, so that I might not smack her. I walk around Walmart for about an hour or so and pick up a few things. A few things that consist of all of the Saw movies for 20 dollars and 3 magazines. So I walk up to the checkout lane to pay and go wait on my car. And my particular Walmart is filled with way too talkative people. No joke. I once had to listen to lady's story about what she did the night before and it was just her watching movies by herself. But mainly how she had to put her little girl to bed first before she could watch them cause they were scary movies. Apparently she had the mistaken impression that she was talking to someone who cared. This time it's a guy who just so happens to love the Saw movies.


Walmart Guy: WHERE DID YOU GET THIS????


Me: *Seriously wanting to scream in Walmart* In electronics.


Walmart Guy: Which aisle did you get it in?


Me: Um...the last one?*Like I really remember by this point, I've been through the whole store. And, um, doesn't he work here? Shouldn't he know this stuff??*


Walmart Guy: I LOVE THESE MOVIES!!! Are you going to see the 6th one in theaters?!?! Because I am, I've seen them all in theaters!!!

Me: *By now I'm seriously thinking this guy must get ideas from these movies* No. *even though I totally am*


I then quickly pay and go back to wait for my car. Which doesn't get done for another hour. I'm so traumatized, I'm not sure I'll ever go back. Okay, that's a lie. I mean, it's Walmart right. They have everything!!!




Lulu♥


3 comments:

  1. LMAO! Rotten Spawn of Satan that it is...
    wouldn't it be great if all Wah-Mah emps were zombies for Halloween? I don't know, it just seems SO fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Lulu! I am so happy to see you are funny like your Mom. The acorn really doesn't roll far from the tree. I see this Cynica person is already stalking your blog. I am her favorite blogbud and taught her pretty much everything in the world. (she already commented so I can pretty much say whatever I want right?) Great post BTW. If Wal-Mart wasn't so freakin awesome I would hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I heard this story in person...which was even funnier because you were soooo pissed off and you were making these wild hand gestures and you had a bow in your hair. Which I guess is a fashion statement, but kinda makes me giggle and think of snow white. But probably, if she had a car the dwarves would fix it.

    good post,
    ♥Spot

    ReplyDelete

Your turn~